Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tempe, Arizona

Hello friends,
Jule and I left Yorba Linda and continued our road trip to Tempe, Arizona.  We drove 7.5 hours with L.A. traffic before arriving there.  Here are some pics on our way to Tempe.
















Our friend Nancy was nice enough to introduce us to her childhood friend, Pete.  We have never met Pete before but she felt we would all get along great.  Pete was kind enough to host us for a few days since Nancy vouched for us.  Pete is an attorney and an amazing dad!  We fell in love with his son, Joey right away.  We had such an awesome time with Pete.  We were cooking delicious meals together.  Yule and I got to sample Pete's trout and elk that he caught himself.  He made a delicious pasta in elk sauce and baked his trout with lemon, garlic and olive oil.  Yummy!

Pete and his son, Joey

With Pete and his son, Joey

John and I (My ex-boyfriend when I was 16 years old)
He visited us from Tempe, Arizona and showed us around Phoenix

I have such an interesting story.  Jule and I were searching for a place to stay in the Grand Canyon.  Before leaving LA, I was contacted by John through LinkedIn.  He sent me an email saying he was looking for me on Facebook but couldn't find me.  John and I dated 21 years ago.  Last time I saw him was 13 years ago.  We happened to both be online so I added to John to Facebook and we started instant messaging one another.  I told him of my travels and that my friend and I are now touring the west coast and are headed toward Arizona.  What strange coincidence is that John lives in Sedona and offered to let us stay with him!!  How often does one look for a place and then a random ex who I have not spoken to in years, happens to live on the way to the Grand Canyon?  So after we stayed with Pete in Tempe, we stayed with John for a few days.  I am still amazed that after all of this time, I happened to be at the right place and at the right time to run into a boyfriend from 21 years ago and stay with him in a completely different state.  Crazyyyyyy!


John took Jule and I for some frozen yogurt in Tempe.  




Pete's adorable, Joey

Jule and I

With Pete and John


Cooling off in Pete's pool in the middle of the afternoon.  It was about 95 degrees outside.

We decided to have some fun and started to shoot cans with a bebe gun! 

Relaxing by Pete's pool

With our host, Pete

Relaxing under the stars at night





Shooting with Pete's bebe gun!  Fun times!



No comments:

Post a Comment