Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My road trip to the west coast.....Los Angeles, Laguna Beach and San Diego...



Hello friends,
I am back on the road again.  This is now the domestic version of my around the world trip.  After meeting with my german friend, Jule in Hawaii, we decided to continue our journey together.  Jule met me in Chicago so I could show her my city.  We then flew to Los Angeles and are renting a car for the month so we can tour the west coast.  Our trip goes from Los Angeles, San Diego, Tempe, Arizona, Grand Canyon, Vegas, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Yosemite, Portland, and ending in Seattle at the end of the month with a few more stops along the way.

Jule and I
We decided to name our red mustang, Lola!!  

My friends Tim and Rachel and Lexie were kind enough to let us stay in their lovely home while in Los Angeles.

It's funny how you come across people in your life for a reason.  I was going up the tram to get to the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio when this man starts talking to me.  He started talking to me and asked me what I did for a living.  I told him I used to work for The BusBank and I found out that he was the owner of Starline Tours.  This is a very large company that used to work with my company back in Chicago.  I told him that I was going to be in LA with my friend and we will be doing the sightseeing thing.  Vahid, the owner said that he will hook us up with an amazing tour of LA.

When we arrived in LA, Vahid followed through and was generous enough to give us a full day tour of Los Angeles and the Hollywood homes along with Universal Studio tickets.  We couldn't believe how kind he was.








Madam Tussaud's Los Angeles
http://www.madametussauds.com/hollywood/










Grauman's Chinese Theater


Hollywood Bowl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Bowl








Rodeo Drive





Original Famers Market Los Angeles
http://www.farmersmarketla.com/



Staples Center
http://www.staplescenter.com/index.php


LA Philharmonic Walt Disney Concert Hall
http://www.laphil.com/


Olvera Street
The Birthplace of the city of Los Angeles
also known as El Pueblo Historic Monument


Biggest Churro I have ever seen


El Capitan Theater
This is a fully restored movie palace which is a Los Angeles historical monumuent. 

Jule with Mark from New Zealand.  We met him on our bus tour and he hung out with us all day.  


With Lexie, Tim and Rachel


Kodak Theatre
New home for the academy awards 

Jule with the Nick Cage

We went to Universal Studios Los Angeles







Car from Knight Rider

Demonstrating the special effects 




Set from the Bates Motel

Bates Motel







My favorite store!!!!!!! I love it!!
Desigual in the Beverly Center










Jule and I met up with NIck in Malibu!



Nick and Lyn


Nick took us to lunch at this biker bar in Malibu



My car, Lola and I at Zuma Beach

Yule and I at the end trail of route 66!
Santa Monica Pier


View from Santa Monica Pier








Dinner at Third Street Promenade





Jule pretending to be a lifeguard!

Lola's twin sister at the beach!

I met an operator that I used to work with for years in Santa Monica.  We spoke on the phone for years and conducted business but never actually met.
Serge from Global Transportation!

I met Eduardo in Chicago last week during his vacation.  He was from LA so when he went back, Yule and I went salsa dancing with him in Santa Monica!!  Good times.

Yule and I


Yule dancing bachata

Shopping on Melrose







Montage Hotel


Laguna Beach











































Lola at Rachel's house (Yorba Linda, CA)
http://www.farmersmarketla.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment