Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thank goodness Varanasi was only a stop over!!

I don't know if any of you are following the news but in my last blog I wrote that I accidentally got off in Varanasi.  It was a connecting to Khajuraho.  Well, I am watching my local news and one of the religious places in Varanasi was bombed yesterday!!

First, was the bombing in south korea when I was there, then I hear about the bombing in Varanasi at my layover.  Yesterday, one child was killed and about 27 were injured.  I believe that my guardian angel is watching over me with these near misses!

http://www.yreach.com/hyderabad/news/varanasi-bomb-blast.html

I was on the plane today because I had to connect in Varanasi to go back to Delhi.  I met a woman who just went to that same temple that got bombed the day before!  This temple has high traffic and is a major tourist attraction.  She was also very lucky too.

No comments:

Post a Comment