Monday, December 6, 2010

Oops!!! I'm in the wrong city!!

Funny thing happened to me on the way to Khajuraho......
I get on the plane and noticed a ton of monks and religious priests on board.  I think to myself, "What on earth would monks and religious priests be doing, visiting Khajuraho?" This is one of the seven wonders of India.  This place is well known for the exterior temples decorated with the most erotic, kamasutra-like and sexual sculptures.  I made a special stop in my itinerary so I can witness some of the most detailed and erotic sculptures that I may ever see in my lifetime.

Well, I get off the plane and am waiting for my luggage when someone is calling out my name.  I signal to the man that it's me!  He said, "Ma'am, you got off on the wrong stop."  I had no idea there was a connection.  I realized that I was in Varanasi (one of the holiest of places to visit in India).  The plane was waiting for me and the manager scolded the man who did not check my ticket once I got off the plane.  Whew!  That was close!!!  It all makes much more sense now. Ha ha!! 

I get to my hotel and my tour guide offered to take me to the old town of Khajuraho so I can see how the village people live and visit the non-touristy area.  I will visit the special temples tomorrow.   I was all for it.  

I tried to download pics but I am having a poor connection.  I will upload these amazing pics and share them with you as soon as I can.  

1 comment:

  1. Well at least there was someone there concerned enough to keep up with you and steer you in the right direction...sounds like your instinct was telling you something was not quite right...even though it was a nice unplanned experience....you're still in good hands..Continue to stay safe and I look forward to the next set of pictures..The pink sari and the blue sky are simply beautiful..

    ReplyDelete