Thursday, March 17, 2011

Skydive Hawaii ..... What a rush!!!

Hello friends,
I met these two lovely Couchsurfers.  Jule is a German CouchSurfer who stayed at my host Mike's house after I left.  Jimena is a Bolivian CouchSurfer who lives in NY.  She is a physician and loves to salsa dance.  I connected with these two lovely ladies and enjoyed their company so much that I decided to open up my studio and let them stay with me for a few days!  It was the best decision because I have had an amazing time getting to know each of them and just "acting a fool" in Hawaii!

If you were to ask me a year ago if I would ever jump out of a plane, I would tell you, "Hell no!!"  Never in my life would I ever think of doing this until very recently.  I realized that I have to get out of my comfort zone from time to time so I can live my life fully and experience life at it's best.  You are probably saying, "you don't have to jump out of a plane to do that." I cannot put into words how exhilarating it is but unless you have skydived, you know exactly what I mean!

What better place than to jump over the beautiful North Shore of Hawaii!  The feeling of free falling and floating in the air, while overlooking the island was such a rush!  It was like a drug filling up my veins and then when the parachute opened up, I felt like a release of any stress I might have had, left my body.
Anything is possible and I can do anything!



My hero!  Yule is also doing the around the world trip.  She is traveling for 1 year.  This is month 8 for her.  Our itineraries were very similar and we went to a lot of the same countries.  This is everything she traveled with!  Only 16 kilos in her backpack and only 6 kilos in her daypack!!  Very efficient!!
I have grown to become great friends with her and she will be joining me in Chicago when I get back so I can host her in my home too.  





We waited 4 hours to jump.  The anticipation was fun yet stressful!


Prepping my parachute



Prepping for the dive...






This is me!






My tandem instructor who will be strapped to my back! 
























































After the jump!!  What a feeling!!  Whoo hoo!  

1 comment:

  1. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!
    STILL COULD NOT BELIEVE YOU JUMPED!!!
    BUT IM SOOO PROUD OF YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete