Thursday, November 4, 2010

15 days before departure...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain



Ahhhhh.  The joys of packing!!  What to bring?  What to wear?  What to leave?  What should I not forget?  What should I not forget to do before this long journey?  What business do I need to take care of before leaving?


Let's see.....


passport?  check
India visa?  check
Brazil visa?  check
travel insurance?  check (but verify the limitations and coverage)
sublet apartment?  check


What to pack???  definitely still working on it!!


Anyone who knows me knows I am not a Teva sandal, shorts and t-shirt type of lady.
Let's think about this for a second?  Where am I going? What will I be doing?  How can be comfortable and still remain stylish amongst the natives?  


I have laid out the possibilities of my wardrobe from basic casual to sophisticated comfortable to fun in the sun options:
Since I am such a visual person, I have broken it down to about 8 pairs of shoes.  That's pretty good for me!  I now have on the floor, separate categories from dresses and scarves to sweaters, tanks and pants.  Who can forget my trusty legging category.  I have fallen in love with this thing called spandex and lycra and I cannot seem to stay away from it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment