Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Las Vegas: Part 2 with my high school friends and landsurfing for the first time.

Hi friends,
I was on my way back home when I spoke to my friend Beverly.  She was attending a conference in Vegas and said I could stay with her for free in her parents' timeshare.  I didn't have to think twice about that one so I detoured to Vegas before going back home to Chicago.  I got to hang out with her and my other 2 high school friends, Rose and Amee.

I thought it would be a lot more relaxed because the girls are married and have kids but they still had me running around with them in Vegas.

Beverly's timeshare at the West Hollywood Westgate

Beverly and Amee (friends from high school)


One of the bedrooms

One of the bathrooms

condo kitchen

The living room shades comes down and it turns into a full size, wall to wall projector screen to watch tv!

second bedroom

Rose, Amee, Bev and I

Bellagio Lobby



having dinner at Mon Ami Gabi


french onion soup

scallops and asparagus


We celebrated Amee's birthday

Going to The Gun Store was awesome!  It was something I wanted to do for a long time.  I can cross it off my bucket list.  Bev wanted to go because her husband went there a few weeks ago and had the time of their lives.  We went on a Tuesday.  They had a ladies' special ($50 to shoot one rifle and one hand gun of your choice, you pick out your targets and you get 3 rounds of bullets)!




My ammo for my guns!

My gun instructor


Shooting my first rifle










The Chandalier Bar at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.  This is one of the newest hotels on the strip.
http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/experience/lounges-and-bars/chandelier.aspx





Amee and I

Beverly and Rose

Buffet at the Wynn Hotel

Wynn Buffet Dining Area
This was one of the best buffets on the strip.  They had everything from pizza, pasta, seafood, sushi and prime rib.  Always go during lunchtime as it is much cheaper than dinner.  Our lunch was $23.99 for top quality, delicious, culinary dishes!



Amee, Rose and I

Surrender Nightclub at Encore Hotel
Here is a link to a daytime view of this spectacular club
http://surrendernightclub.com/flash/index.php

Bev and I out on the town

The club was packed!




My friend Michael hooked us up to get in the club!  Thanks Mike!

Smooches!

Prepping for landsailing

I went first!!  The wind is what gives speed and velocity to the land yacht!  The sail picks up the wind and off I go!

Fun, fun, fun!
http://www.golandsailing.com/



Go Rose, Go!
















Fremont Street


light show on Fremont Street






No comments:

Post a Comment