Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Couchsurfing in Munich....

Hello friends,
This is the last city that Jule and I will travel together before parting ways.  Jule has to go back to her work as a banker on July 1st after taking a leave of absence for 1 year.  It will be an interesting adjustment after living a life where every day is new, different,  in another country or even another language. I've only met Jule in March when we were CouchSurfing in Hawaii but she really is my "sister from another mister."  I will truly miss her but this will not be the last time we will see each other.  Jule hopes to save her money for half a year and travel again.  Her travel bug has now become a way of life for her.  She has options to go to South America, work on a cruise ship or even look for a job in the US.  Either way, Jule is determined to be on the move again.  I have no idea where she will end up but when my little german friend sets her mind to something, it will happen.

Jule searched for an excellent host in Munich and she found one.  His name is Tobias.   From the moment we met him, we knew we would adore him.  Tobias is an attorney who works as a project manager for a publishing company.  Tobias is fairly new to CouchSurfing but has hosted about 10 people thus far.  He is warm, funny, smart and he makes you feel so welcome in his home.  When we arrived to his house, he had 2 other couchsurfers staying there for the night.  They were a brother and sister from NY and they were traveling Europe for 1 month.

Our host Tobias, fixed us a lovely breakfast.

Good morning Tobias!




We spent the day exploring Munich. It is the capital city of Bavaria.  It's the 3rd largest city in Germany next to Berlin and Hamburg.  

























We decided to get a 15 minute thai foot massage.  Ahhhh.  It brings back memories for Jule and I when we visited Thailand.  



I love foot massages!  :)


Jule and I visited Hofbrauhaus in Las Vegas.  Now I have the chance to visit the original Hofbrauhaus that it was modeled from.  This is the most famous beer hall in the entire world.  They have the second largest tent during Oktoberfest.  Oktoberfest is a world known festival which takes place over two weeks.  This event attracts millions of visitors from all over the world to experience the beer tents (bierzelte) and the ground attractions.  












traditional Bavarian clothing minus the one on the left












Hofgarten







Eisbach ( Ice River) is a man made river.  It flows through the English Garden.  The river stands at about 1 meter high (3.3 feet).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisbach








Jule and I went to see one of the most famous castles in the world.  The  Disneyland castle was created based on the Neuschwanstein Castle

Hohenschwangau Castle




















potato pancakes and applesauce

Walt Disney wanted to make his castle after this specific one.












View of Bavaria from the castle

Our host, Tobias!


He took us to a cool festival called the Tollwood.  It's an international festival that features artisans and food from all over the world. 

















Prost!! 




















Jule bids me farewell at the train station!  She has to go back to work on July 1st.  Good-bye my German sister!  

I hop on a plane in Munich and I am headed for Athens.



1 comment:

  1. My sister from another mister. Thank you for everything, thank you for your company. It was a pleasure to meet and travel with you. I had such a great time. I enjoyed every single moment. I love you. Trafel safe and see you next year:-) kisses, küsschen, besos!!!

    ReplyDelete