Sunday, April 10, 2011

Iguazu Falls (Argentinian Side)

Hola amigos,

Estoy en Cataratas, Argentina.

I am in Cataratas, Argentina for 3 days.  I came to see the spectacular Iguazu Falls.  "Iguazu" means big water.  I have come and planned out a specific trip just to see one of the largest waterfalls in the world. I have been traveling the world for over 5 months and I have seen many waterfalls in Fiji, Thailand, Philippines, Hawaii but everything pales in comparison to this.

Iguazu Falls is over 2700 (2 miles long).  It is much higher than Niagara Falls in Canada and NY. It is also twice the size of Niagara Falls.   Of the 275 waterfalls which make up Iguazu Falls, the "Devil's Throat" is the tallest of them all!  It extends up to 80 meters in hight and it borders both Brazil and Argentina.  Today I saw the waterfalls from the argentinian side and tomorrow I will see a different perspective of it from the brazilian side.


Bistec empanizado con ensalada y tomate

una calle cerca de mi cabana en Cataratas


el rio en el lado de Argentina

river that meets Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay



Paraguay side


Argentinian side







el tren a Gargante de Diablo



Tucan de Iguazu



a turtle camouflaged on a rock




The butterflies were super friendly and just sat right on me.











Iguazu is now possible candidate for the new 7 wonders of the world

If you want to know some interesting facts about Iguazu, here is a great link!
http://www.iguazufalls.co.uk/iguazu-falls-ten-facts.htm


























































Add caption
I took a truck 8 kilometers through the subtropic forest

Add caption

Add caption
I took a speed boat at the bottom of the falls to get a different perspective and we drove right underneath it!!  VERY WET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment