Saturday, May 24, 2014

Global Fashionista is back....

Hello friends,

It has been such a long time since I last posted here.  I had a lot of fans and followers when I blogged last but never realized how much time has passed.  It has been 3 years since my around the world trip and couchsurfing in other countries.  After reflecting on my old posts and remembering the fun memories and wonderful people that I have met along the way, I figured it was about time that the global fashionista was resurrected.

You have probably been wondering what have I been doing all of this time.  Since being back, I was reluctant to get a normal job which would hinder my world travels due to lack of "vacation time."  Ahhhh joining the work force again was difficult to do but reality had set in and someone had to pay the bills. 

Once getting used to being back home in the U.S., I hosted a few couchsurfers in my home from Spain and Mexico.   I took up other things that were fun and exciting to me.  In those three years, I took my salsa and bachata dancing to another level and joined Latin Street Dance School for two years of hard core, intense classes about 4-5 days a week and then joining Chicago Touch for a season.  I got to enjoy love of dance and visited different salsa/ bachata congressos including the Toronto Bachata Dance Congress 2013, the L.A. Salsa Congress 2013, and the Aventura Dance Cruise 2012 and 2013.

I heart archery!

Cuban Festival 2012, dancing bachata with Tony!

Charles Makriss- Lebanese dancing machine!

Bachata Singer, Joan Soriano

With Bachata Extraordinaire, Carlos Cinta

L.A. Salsa Congress 2013 with our new Brazilian dancing friends!

Visiting my Korean sister in Philadelphia!

Summer Dance is Esmeralda!  Lovely dancer!

Ravinia 2013

Toronto Bachata Congress 2013 

Getting down Ramiro! Bachata Mayor!

Can't beat that Chi-town skyline!



Aventura Dance Cruise 2013 fun with my crazy friends! Full throttle!

Celebrating our birthdays!


Dancing with my favorite bachata partner, Cesar Wilson!


Finally reunited with my traveling sister from around the world!  


La Casa Norte Gala 2013 with my besties!

Dancing in the kitchen...

My German sister from another mister and my Cuban sister! 



Dinner with my high school besties

Carrera de Los Muertos 5k run 2013

Pre-Aventura Dance Cruise Pool Fun in Miami

Aventura Dance Cruise 2013 with friends
I have traveled locally in the U.S. and Canada.  I visited Toronto, Vegas, L.A., San Diego, Philadelphia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Florida.  I have done many staycations at home and did different things that I love including archery class, got certified in bartending, photography classes and brushed up on my Spanish classes at Instituto Cervantes.

Along with my countless pictures of food and exploring, I have enjoyed taking vacations to various local restaurants.  Since I can not go to various countries as often as I would like, I would visit different restaurants as a mini getaway of delightful and tasty indulgences.  Most of them are on facebook as many of you probably have seen.  :)

So that has been my life in a nutshell for the past three years.  I would like to thank all of the people that I have met along the way and for all of you who have contributed to my life in one way, shape or form.  Thank you for coming along my journey through life and living it in every moment.  Tomorrow is never promised or guaranteed.  Live life, love hard and contribute to others whenever you have the opportunity to make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment